Here's an idea I'm just throwing out there...
- Reset everyone's gen and levels (Take a screenshot guys if you want to look at your old stats and items, seriously)
- Let old players keep their unloomed items and 500k gold at maximum
- Compensate people who lost their LOOMED items with say ~9 LP's (Preferably on a case by case basis)
- Keep xp and gold system the way it is, but let the multiplier go to x10 if possible
- Revert to old system of level 30-33 being the norm (IMO these super high level builds of level 35 and beyond ensure skilled players to stomp on noobs even more)
- Make grinding the last level to retirement less tedious by dividng up the last few levels (24-30) more evenly
- Make free respec'ing available to hero characters as well, or at least decrease free respec time from 7 days to 3 for non-hero characters
- Give new players an "inheritance" of 50k gold and possibly one loompoint after creating an account?
- Please, update the website images for items, I could try to help with that if need be!
This way we sort of start fresh, but old players still have an edge due to their commitment to the mod. Obviously, resetting the game is controversial and heartbreaking to many players. However, it doesn't have to be a complete wipe, and guys take a screenshot if you really love staring at the same thing on your pc. Also, I say give old players around 9 lp's so they won't rage but they'll have something to grind for again, and their won't be as many mw's floating around. It will also allow old players to have MW body armor, gloves, and a weapon, or whatever combination they desire right off the bat.
It took me many years of on and off play, contributing to the mod, getting a couple gifts, and winning a contest to finally get 3 MW items. So I would be sad to see my progress go but right now the mod is a ghost town and needs something to spark some interest.
Just my $0.02.