Author Topic: M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 266
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 08:48:50 PM »
Yeah, after so much time they come and show us... this? It looks exactly like Warband with better graphics. Even NPCs still can't talk. Already disappointed.

I can guess where you're coming from, but the most exciting thing about this all is the extensive moddability. That's what they've been working on all this time. Sure, the base game may not be that much of a difference, but the real meat is going to be mods. Just wait  :P

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
  • Renown: 2049
  • Infamy: 416
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Reset on Monday!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 02:18:16 PM »
+1
I can guess where you're coming from, but the most exciting thing about this all is the extensive moddability. That's what they've been working on all this time. Sure, the base game may not be that much of a difference, but the real meat is going to be mods. Just wait  :P

Bannerlord would need to be ridiculously unbelievably good in order to even remotely satisfy us as a community.

We wont be just comparing Bannerlord's release with the original release of vanilla Warband when it came out all those years ago, we'll be comparing vanilla Bannerlord on release to years of diverse singleplayer and multiplayer mods that we've played for Warband that have each built upon each other over the years. I have trouble imagining any possible version of vanilla Bannerlord that will satisfy all of us nerds, but as long as the moddability is the same as Warband then it all comes down to how vanilla Bannerlord compares to vanilla Warband because modders can give us everything else.
"say some gangsta is pewin´ your fly girl, you just give em one of these:"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 911
  • Infamy: 198
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »
It's 40 minutes gameplay, you idiot. damn u bad

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1747
  • Infamy: 314
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:20 PM »
To be honest, the demo was lackluster if approached as a "veteran player" of the series. Might have been fine and interesting to a newcomer.

Not sure I like how they kept the "random spawn of top tier gear", instead of making it accessible by reaching certain aspects like fame and honor among that specific realm etc.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 425
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »
5 years spent and they didn't improve almost anything - especially the multiplayer. graphics is better, but they still probably employ the same disney texture artist for a dark medieval hack´n slash game. thats what i call time wasting!

great thing is it seems they didn't fuck up anything at all either, all the good things stayed - combat, moddability (maybe even improved).

good enough for me!
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1865
  • Infamy: 419
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 11:06:12 AM »
Moddability should be vastly improved. They talked about this once, about the sort of modding tools they would release and that the mods would be done in C#. Hell, even i might give modding a try on it as i love C# :D

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
  • Renown: 2049
  • Infamy: 416
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Reset on Monday!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »
5 years spent and they didn't improve almost anything - especially the multiplayer.

Source?

We have not yet been shown this aspect of the game, unless I'm missing a brand new video in the last few days.

This 40-min video is not a walkthrough, it's not a complete guide and it's not a Let's Play. It's a simple teaser of the singleplayer sandbox mode.
"say some gangsta is pewin´ your fly girl, you just give em one of these:"

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 01:35:50 AM »
5 years spent and they didn't improve almost anything - especially the multiplayer. graphics is better, but they still probably employ the same disney texture artist for a dark medieval hack´n slash game. thats what i call time wasting!

great thing is it seems they didn't fuck up anything at all either, all the good things stayed - combat, moddability (maybe even improved).

good enough for me!

I dunno, it looks like they've improved a lot of aspects. I especially liked how the archery looked when the player used the bow, and the weapon crafting. I play native with diplomacy because I like the game how it is originally (like most of my games). The battle between the two armies looked like a much smoother and more responsive experience, i'm not sure if they still just blob together now though. However, the cavalry charged actually looked pretty meaty. The feeling I got from watching this video was a low budget Skyrim with big battles and the improved, tried and true warband combat. Sadly no news on multiplayer yet, but I did see a video where they showcased their replay feature which showed a quick clip of multiple human players duking it out..... and it was great looking, much more fluid looking clusterfucks.  :lol:

Also, as a scene editor myself it looks like they have made it possible to make some great maps that will be much more visually appealing and will allow map makers who think outside the box to make some interesting gameplay/scenery. Not to mention it looks a lot easier to navigate and place objects on a scene, so maybe anyone could get into it easily (hello mods!).

Offline Mirliva

• Count
  • Renown: 249
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Defend the catapult! [H]
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Payne von Krems
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »
If you guys ever played Persistent World mod you'll know there's some actions are blocking to make a proper role and after that problem the developers made a new mod called by Feudal World. There's lots of actions added that you can not do them in PW.

Anyway I guess there'll be some actions like it ib M&B II. Like cutting people's heads, execution, burning the enemies etc. I wish the PW or FW mod of Bannerlord will be released after it has been, quickly.

Slava Ukraini!

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1427
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 06:16:05 AM »
Been playing tons of that Caribbean warband mod expansion lately. It has a pretty decent pre-battle and battle formation system. By pressing the TACTICOOL MAP key, you can move around squads or groupings of your dudes according to class (musket, melee, cav, etc). You just click on the nifty little square representing those dudes (its got 2 cool cross swords for melee dudes) and drag it elsewhere on the map.

Battle AI (ESPECIALLY targeting) is pretty fucking abysmal in the mod, but that formation thing is lovely. You can certainly pull off enfilading fire on bad guys, wide cavalry flanks without using FOLLOW ME and dragging them along with you, etc.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?