Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 35040 times)

Online njames89

• the Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1375
  • Infamy: 399
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: Old King James of Acre, Thomas John Woodchurch, Temujin of the Wolves
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #855 on: December 20, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
+1
Not true pogo once muted me for spewing american propaganda for like 5 hours non stop.

It hurt my feelings BIGLY

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 581
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player
  • horse for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 20, 2017, 09:11:56 PM »
give me my hecking donor title or I will hurt ur feelings even biglier
(click to show/hide)

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
  • Renown: 2027
  • Infamy: 412
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Reset on Monday!!!
« Reply #857 on: December 20, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »
+2
Other than warning Heskey for admin impersonation, I don't really remember anything like that.

You were just jealously asserting your authority because of my successful Weimar Republic days.
"say some gangsta is pewin´ your fly girl, you just give em one of these:"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pogosan

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • Always give +1
    • View Profile
    • Hobos Guild
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Sad_Hobo, Pretty_Hobo + some alts
« Reply #858 on: December 20, 2017, 09:44:07 PM »
+1
You were just jealously asserting your authority because of my successful Weimar Republic days.

I admit, this is entirely true.

Offline Kadeth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 700
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #859 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:42 PM »
+1
At least now we all know the real reason for OKAM failing. What was chadz thinking asking leshma for advice?
anime has nothing to do with autism.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1510
  • Infamy: 793
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 20, 2017, 11:27:17 PM »
At least now we all know the real reason for OKAM failing. What was chadz thinking asking leshma for advice?
This broke my suspension of disbelief. Leshman must be off its meds again.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 20, 2017, 11:54:18 PM »
+1
So many okam diehard fans and shills even now believe the game had the best combat system, it's hilarious. The combat was a clunky, sluggish mess with stiff and ugly animations and horrible controls. Every "feature" these brainwashed bubble-dwellers think improved the combat (such as more attack directions or left click for everything) didn't actually put any depth on the system.
Their argument? You didn't put enough hours in it; I don't need to put in hundreds of hours in another FPS game for example to be able to tell it's garbage. The things that were wrong with OKAM's combat were very obvious and detectable fast to anyone with veteran experience in the genre.

Ok, I know it's easy ridiculing any dissenting opinion on that matter on this forum since every one who hates Okam has stayed here, and everybody who loved it had moved to Okam discord. I know I can't convince you and you wouldn't care either way.

Let me just say this:
I played Warband for 1300+ hours and I loved the combat system. I played Okam a couple of times and found it awkward until I got the gist of things and slowly learned to appreciate it for how fluid and intuitive it actually felt. It took me a couple of days, though. I went back to Warband a few times after that and while I still loved Warband for what it was I've been convinced that Okam's controls offer something more.

I'll just leave it at that.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 890
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #862 on: December 21, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
+3
Lmao fam its pretty ridiculous to say that everyone on this forum hates OKAM. I played it for ~50 hours before it died on NA and wasnt worth the time anymore and I too enjoyed the combat. I wouldnt go as far to say its the best ever though, and cRPG combat is a lot more fluid with more combat options.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2901
  • Infamy: 1937
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 24th Century IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 21, 2017, 12:32:39 AM »

Deleted post cause of censorship which ruined the whole point.

Online Asheram

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 21, 2017, 12:39:06 AM »
+1
Ok, I know it's easy ridiculing any dissenting opinion on that matter on this forum since every one who hates Okam has stayed here, and everybody who loved it had moved to Okam discord. I know I can't convince you and you wouldn't care either way.

Let me just say this:
I played Warband for 1300+ hours and I loved the combat system. I played Okam a couple of times and found it awkward until I got the gist of things and slowly learned to appreciate it for how fluid and intuitive it actually felt. It took me a couple of days, though. I went back to Warband a few times after that and while I still loved Warband for what it was I've been convinced that Okam's controls offer something more.

For everything that could have been
At least we took the ride
There's no relief in bitterness
Might as well let it die

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
  • Renown: 2027
  • Infamy: 412
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Reset on Monday!!!
« Reply #865 on: December 21, 2017, 01:44:47 AM »
Deleted post cause of censorship which ruined the whole point.

Whether a post here was deleted or edited, I'm just going off a post that says you wrote it and that the last edit was by you. I'll take for granted then that these are your words.

I hate to respond to this semi-seriously, but is it 'power-tripping' for someone to do their job? If their behaviour has changed, maybe it's because their job has changed.

I've seen you complain before that players change when they get admin, probably because they didn't have responsibility/obligations in the game before. It's a shitty example cos becoming admin here doesnt necessarily come with authority for most people, just an admin toolkit, whereas Pogosan was the community manager for something that wanted to be a real commercial game. But in either case, the expectations change for that person and frankly if someone's happy-go-lucky and doesnt want responsibility i'd be more concerned if they didnt change how they present themself when put in that position - frankly if someone wants to continue saying/doing whatever they want they should have turned the offer down like a normal person.
"say some gangsta is pewin´ your fly girl, you just give em one of these:"

Offline Kadeth

• Game Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 21, 2017, 02:47:35 AM »
+2

Let me just say this:

Look, I know I can't prove this because the forum was deleted, but myself and others here really tried to have productive conversations with you about OKAM's combat. The reason you'll continue to be ridiculed here is because you've only ever had two arguments, those being "in my opinion it is more fluid!" and "warband is less realistic!". Oh, and can't forget the classic OKAM fanboy meme, "you never played it enough to truly understand it!!", even though I regularly went 40-0 back when the servers actually had players.

You admitted yourself that you were never a competitive player in either game, yet you would constantly talk trash about how OKAM's combat was superior. Can you not understand why that makes people think you're retarded? You have no understanding of the mechanics behind high tier warband combat, you've made that very clear. For some of us, things in OKAM like the reduced turn rate and reduced attack angling degrees were major steps backwards as they have huge effects on skill ceiling and therefore the longevity of the game.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 890
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #867 on: December 21, 2017, 03:22:40 AM »
Look, I know I can't prove this because the forum was deleted, but myself and others here really tried to have productive conversations with you about OKAM's combat. The reason you'll continue to be ridiculed here is because you've only ever had two arguments, those being "in my opinion it is more fluid!" and "warband is less realistic!". Oh, and can't forget the classic OKAM fanboy meme, "you never played it enough to truly understand it!!", even though I regularly went 40-0 back when the servers actually had players.

You admitted yourself that you were never a competitive player in either game, yet you would constantly talk trash about how OKAM's combat was superior. Can you not understand why that makes people think you're retarded? You have no understanding of the mechanics behind high tier warband combat, you've made that very clear. For some of us, things in OKAM like the reduced turn rate and reduced attack angling degrees were major steps backwards as they have huge effects on skill ceiling and therefore the longevity of the game.

To be fair, even I regularly went 10:1 KD on OKAM so thats not that big of af eat

Offline Kadeth

• Game Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 21, 2017, 03:52:56 AM »

To be fair, even I regularly went 10:1 KD on OKAM so thats not that big of af eat

Yeah no kidding, a good KD in OKAM is nothing to be proud of. I'm just saying it's a weak argument to say "oh you just haven't played enough okam to see how great it is" to people that are topping the scoreboards. It literally takes about 20 hours to master

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1403
  • Infamy: 323
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #869 on: December 21, 2017, 07:18:35 AM »
+1
Idk why they didnt just stick to 360° attacks, and keep the rest of the Warband system (with a better collision system maybe?). Thats all we really need in Bannerlord too, hope they dont fuck this up.

Well they were the developers who played it the most, they probably had a good reason to change it. I can see many reasons how the 360 attacks would be hard to properly make work, while the system they went seemed much along the same path but easier to manage.