Author Topic: #dream is alive  (Read 9258 times)

Offline Butan

• Balance Advisor
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: #dream is alive
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
edit: I think I get how you read that wrong now. What I meant is that only 2% is ready for the job market whatsoever.

Then I wonder what kind of pre-requisites the nordic job market got.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »

Then I wonder what kind of pre-requisites the nordic job market got.

It's probably something IT related. Or language. I have yet to meet someone who got hired without knowing Danish :) May be on some high level jobs you can get away with English, but you will not be allowed to clean toilets on a train station at night, without speaking Danish.
And any more or less qualified job is out of the question, if you do not have a Danish paper confirming your qualification. I am not talking about working as a doctor or a pilot, i am talking about being a carpenter or a smith.
Personally i like this system, as it insures close to the same level of quality, regardless of who you are hiring.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Butan

• Balance Advisor
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2016, 10:38:16 PM »
Personally i like this system, as it insures close to the same level of quality, regardless of who you are hiring.

Ironically, me too, but things are... different in reality, from what I've seen.

I think 2% seems like an exaggeration, even if every rules you described were enforced.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1133
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2016, 03:12:35 PM »
+1
Foreign educations are accepted of course, but only if they live up to Northwestern European standards, which they rarely do, among those 2% are people with remotely acceptable formal educations.

Reasons for the 98% can include lack of motivation, lack of sociability, cultural differences, no education or sub-par education, no Danish yet, no English (as Armpit says for high level jobs but also for example shop clerks in the bigger cities), trauma, sickness, age, handicap, criminality etc. the reaons can be many. Education and language being the foremost, I would guess, however language courses are free and mandatory. Remember, we are talking about asylum seekers here, not just citizens with an immigrant background (why I posted separate statistics for those).

And yes, as Armpit also writes, our strong labour unions have secured high standards of qualified and well-paid work, like the medieval trade guilds of old which they are a continuation of.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:46:00 PM by Angantyr »