Author Topic: [NA] Bronto  (Read 4460 times)

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
  • Renown: 1991
  • Infamy: 406
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HESKEYTIME
Re: [NA] Bronto
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »
+2
Minecraft was fun when we had that server with Switch etc. Sadly we didn't back up and lost the world :(
"say some gangsta is pewin´ your fly girl, you just give em one of these:"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• King
  • Renown: 1261
  • Infamy: 360
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »
+2
Yeah Cassi I'd be down to play some modded Minecraft with you some time! Just PM server info and all that jazz and I'll see what I can do.

Also, flying games are great games and Hawx 2 was awesome. had that for PS3 and played the shit out of it. I also enjoyed the entire Shockwave series for 3DO, which is a flying game mixed with war of the worlds. Since then, nothing has really captured my interest quite as much. I like the flying game modes in the new Battlefront but they aren't as good as Battlefront 2 so idk. Hopefully the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 will fix what was broken and make flying great again! I tried Air conflicts which was OK but I wouldn't waste time on it. Other than that I haven't really looked at flying games for the current gen.

The flying mechanics were overall pretty darn solid in battlefront 2, a shame that the game mode(s) weren't as fun. You could only play capture the flag, assault (a race to destroy the enemy flagship, which is easier done from the INSIDE), or deathmatch, which just felt lacking. Woulda been hella sweet if there was a team deathmatch/assault combination where each side had a limited number of troops (respawns) and while the overall objective was to wipe out the enemy tickets, crippling their mothership would be highly recommended since if you leave it be it'll continue pummeling your fighters nonstop. So in other words, it'd just be an actual space battle between two flagships and their fleets. I haven't seen any space battle gameplay for the new battlefront 2 yet, but if it is as dope as the original but just a tad more polished, I may have to buy the game just for that alone.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2017, 04:42:21 PM »

The flying mechanics were overall pretty darn solid in battlefront 2, a shame that the game mode(s) weren't as fun. You could only play capture the flag, assault (a race to destroy the enemy flagship, which is easier done from the INSIDE), or deathmatch, which just felt lacking. Woulda been hella sweet if there was a team deathmatch/assault combination where each side had a limited number of troops (respawns) and while the overall objective was to wipe out the enemy tickets, crippling their mothership would be highly recommended since if you leave it be it'll continue pummeling your fighters nonstop. So in other words, it'd just be an actual space battle between two flagships and their fleets. I haven't seen any space battle gameplay for the new battlefront 2 yet, but if it is as dope as the original but just a tad more polished, I may have to buy the game just for that alone.

I liked that there were capital ships in Battlefront 2, but I preferred the variety of ships and basic flight mechanics in Battlefront 1. Dodging missiles was manual, not a preset combo that you did by pressing the 'dodge' key. The fact that X-wings had photon torpedoes but Tie-Fighters didn't was hell from a balance perspective but made it much more interesting IMO (and a little more authentically Star Wars). Also lasers from vehicles were chunky as hell in that game and could really decimate massed infantry, you needed rockets for that in the 2nd game.

The assault mode was disappointing in Battlefront 2 as you say. In singleplayer you could win in minutes just by boarding the ship. In multiplayer the boarding was nearly useless since you could guarantee chipping away at the ship from outside but inside you would be focused down immediately.

Interested to see which way the new Battlefront goes.

Offline Jona

• King
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »
+1
I liked that there were capital ships in Battlefront 2, but I preferred the variety of ships and basic flight mechanics in Battlefront 1. Dodging missiles was manual, not a preset combo that you did by pressing the 'dodge' key. The fact that X-wings had photon torpedoes but Tie-Fighters didn't was hell from a balance perspective but made it much more interesting IMO (and a little more authentically Star Wars). Also lasers from vehicles were chunky as hell in that game and could really decimate massed infantry, you needed rockets for that in the 2nd game.

The assault mode was disappointing in Battlefront 2 as you say. In singleplayer you could win in minutes just by boarding the ship. In multiplayer the boarding was nearly useless since you could guarantee chipping away at the ship from outside but inside you would be focused down immediately.

Interested to see which way the new Battlefront goes.

For sure, flying around in an X-wing made you feel about as powerful as you probably should be in bf1.  Shooting up lines of infantry with just your lasers was the most satisfactory and star wars-esque thing. Having to score direct hits with your pea shooters in bf2 was awfully underwhelming by comparison. I was just talking about bf2 since that was the only one with actual space battles that focused on ship v. ship combat. Flying around the bespin platforms map in an xwing and shooting down the tie fighters and bombers was great, albeit the constraints of the map were too limiting to really be able to it enjoy it the fullest*. Not to mention the AI in those anti-air turrets were fucking aimbotting whores who could melt your ship in milliseconds.

*Although being able to pilot a ship down one of the covered tunnels and lighting up the entire strip was pretty great, despite being as cramped as possible. I loved how you could "accidentally" shoot your teammates and they'd go flying like ragdolls but get up as if nothing happened since they take no damage (assuming you didn't knock them off the map entirely).

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline HESKEYTIME

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
+1
Flying around the bespin platforms map in an xwing and shooting down the tie fighters and bombers was great, albeit the constraints of the map were too limiting to really be able to it enjoy it the fullest*. Not to mention the AI in those anti-air turrets were fucking aimbotting whores who could melt your ship in milliseconds.

*PTSD flashbacks to Bespin turrets*

Give me those ship mechanics in a space map with capital ships and boarding, and I'd never work again.

*I also miss having to find... inventive ways of dealing with the invincible heroes from that game. Blasting them off the edges, running them over, landing on them...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:11:59 PM by HESKEYTIME »

Offline Jona

• King
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »
*PTSD flashbacks to Bespin turrets*

Give me those ship mechanics in a space map with capital ships and boarding, and I'd never work again.

*I also miss having to find... inventive ways of dealing with the invincible heroes from that game. Blasting them off the edges, running them over, landing on them...

"Oh shit, the other side got Darth Vader now. Alright, to Bespin we go." A true shame that the heroes respawn though... Hitting luke or darthy with a bunch of well-placed grenades/rockets/ship lasers to finally knock them off the edge just to get a brief respite before they came back swinging, worth it every time, yet also never worth it if you actually cared about winning. I remember one time someone was capturing the middle command point on my side, the one inside the building with the turrets, so I turned around to take out the lone cpu, shouldn't have been too hard. Only when I arrived I saw no one, walked to the center and saw vader crouching behind the control panels, and I had naught but a rifle to defend myself. Was like a scene out of a horror movie as he stood up, ignited his saber, and started swinging wildly as I combat rolled my ass all the way back to the frontlines, as it was far safer there than back at our main base.

(click to show/hide)