Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 6960 times)

Offline njames89

• the Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 452
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »
Hearing a lot about this game. Sounds like it might be a bit overly complex but I am interested.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 566
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »
+1
It's complicated in the fact that you kind of need to look online for maps and their exits, what loot is worth holding onto for quests later down the line, which ammo types are the best (although the description with "armor-piercing" is all I've bothered with), and how to fit certain attachments onto weapons.

The loop is pretty simple, load out your character with what's in your budget, go into a map and loot/kill what you can while doing trader tasks along the way and then get out. You can play as an NPC every 10 minutes for a risk free opportunity to loot a map, "risk free" in the sense that you won't lose any gear from your main character and stash but have a chance to add to it with whatever you can scavenge with bare bones equipment.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2518
  • Infamy: 613
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2019, 10:19:36 AM »
+1
Yeah the game definitely has a learning curve in maps, loot and loadout. Maps are complex and there's just so many different items and they add a lot of new gear with every patch. I haven't played the last 2 or even 3 big patches, but I still follow the game. There have been some very nice additions since I last played such as the Flea Market and quality of life changes (partial quest handins etc.).

I think I'll wait out a few more patches before I pick it up again though, I doubt some of the issues that were frustrating are resolved already, namely performance/desync/lag and a couple of other minor to major gripes I had with the game.

Does putting bullets in the magazine have an animation yet? Hated being in the inventory menu not seeing anything while refilling my mags.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 566
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2019, 02:44:01 PM »
There's still no animation for the magazine reloads and partial quest hand-ins are only for separate items. Made getting 5 low-tier armor for a quest kind of annoying. The flea market is a nice way to gauge the value of something and make money.

I've also slowed down on the amount I'm playing, I haven't been able to find a good audio compressor and playing optimally listening for faint footsteps and movement is deafening with the ambient noises coupled with shitting yourself when the gunshots go off. The lag has also been pretty bad because I guess they have a trial period going on and the servers are taxed.
And how!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1537
  • Infamy: 800
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2019, 09:14:21 AM »
Just use Loudness Equalization when you play Tarkov.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.